Featured Post

Ellen, please be kind to the planet, not just to your fellow humans, gorillas in Rwanda

LUNCHTIME IN RWANDA: Ellen DeGeneres, right, and wife Portia de Rossi with a mountain gorilla. The Ellen DeGeneres Wildlife Fund  is supp...

Thursday, August 10, 2017

Tesla's service loaner -- a noisy Cadillac -- is powerful argument for going all-electric

U.S. News & World Report calls the climate and audio controls in the 2017 Cadillac XTS "frustrating." I call them a dangerous distraction, and I was unable to figure out how to change from an AM radio news station to WBGO, my FM jazz station.

-- HACKENSACK, N.J.

By VICTOR E. SASSON
EDITOR

When the steering wheel of my 2015 Tesla Model S looked off center, I made an appointment to have my alignment checked at the dealer in Paramus.

No Model S or Model X was available as a loaner, so I was given a 2017 Cadillac XTS, a large luxury car from Hertz, to use for the afternoon.

I couldn't wait to get back into my all-electric car, which is an oasis of calm compared to the Cadillac.

I heard lots of noise from its antiquated gasoline engine, multi-speed automatic transmission and ventilation fan.

The Cadillac's interior is hopelessly confusing, with audio and climate controls from hell.

U.S. News & World Report ranks the 2017 Tesla Model S as the No. 1 large luxury car sold in the United States. 

The Cadillac XTS finished at No. 9.

The Tesla service department performed a 4-wheel alignment on my Model S under the warranty (no charge), and you should have the seen the smile on my face as I drove home in what is undoubtedly the best car in the world. 



The 2017 Cadillac XTS has an MSRP ranging from $45,595 to $72,695, according to U.S. News & World Report. The magazine says the XTS is not as fuel efficient as some rivals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep on topic.