Featured Post

Ellen, please be kind to the planet, not just to your fellow humans, gorillas in Rwanda

LUNCHTIME IN RWANDA: Ellen DeGeneres, right, and wife Portia de Rossi with a mountain gorilla. The Ellen DeGeneres Wildlife Fund  is supp...

Monday, December 25, 2017

Feast of 7 Fishes (lobster, red king crab, scallops, crab cakes, salmon, sardine, cod)

THREE FISH: On Christmas eve, I improvised a Feast of the Seven Fishes with seafood I bought at Costco Wholesale in Teterboro. Here, I baked Red King Crab, a wild-caught Freshwater Lobster Tail and Sea Scallops under a mantle of dried herbs mixed with Dijon mustard, extra virgin olive oil and fresh lemon juice, plus grated cheese and bread crumbs.
RED KING CRAB SALAD: I bought four fully cooked Red King Crab Legs and Claws (about 3.4 pounds at $21.99 a pound or about $75). My wife shelled them, and I dressed the luxurious crab meat in Dijon mustard, fresh lemon juice, cumin and Costco's Organic No-Salt Seasoning. We had plenty of leftovers.
THREE MORE FISH: I toasted two slices of Dave's Killer Bread (an organic loaf with 21 whole grains and seeds from Costco); spread one with pesto, the other with Dijon mustard; melted a slice of Swiss cheese on each piece of bread in the oven, and then assembled the sandwich. I used 5 mini crab cakes, a fat sardine and slices of smoked wild sockeye salmon. 
TO DRINK: We washed down our Feast of the Seven Fishes with Kirkland Signature Asolo Prosecco, a sparkling white wine from Italy that set me back all of $6.99 at Costco Wholesale in Wayne.
SEVENTH FISH: I planned to have leftover Icelandic Cod coated in Asian-Indian spices with organic broccoli, organic spinach, fresh tomato, olives and other ingredients, but couldn't find the room.
SAY CUBANO! My wife adding garlic sauce to slices of a Cuban-style roasted leg of pork we brought home from La Pola Restaurant on Palisade Avenue and 54th Street in West New York. On the day before Christmas, the Cuban Sandwich shop also offered side dishes for customers who pre-ordered, including congris, above center, white rice and black beans that are cooked together. My wife's plate includes our Red King Crab Salad.

How-to videos

See how-to videos on my YouTube cooking channel, VICTOR'S HEALTHY KITCHEN:

Feast of the Seven Fishes (Part 1)

Feast of the Seven Fishes (Part 2)

World's Easiest Fresh Wild Fish Dinner (Part 1)

World's Easiest Fresh Wild Fish Dinner (Part 2)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep on topic.