Featured Post

Ellen, please be kind to the planet, not just to your fellow humans, gorillas in Rwanda

LUNCHTIME IN RWANDA: Ellen DeGeneres, right, and wife Portia de Rossi with a mountain gorilla. The Ellen DeGeneres Wildlife Fund  is supp...

Thursday, May 14, 2020

An abundance of hope but little joy shown as I walk neighborhood during pandemic

On my late-afternoon walk in my Hackensack neighborhood yesterday, this sign expressing hope was rare but welcome ...
...And last week, this small sign at the base of a tree in front of a house on Anderson Street was a bright spot.
  
I discover corners
 of the Fairmount section
 of Hackensack I never saw
 from the car

There are no shortages of signs expressing thanks to healthcare workers and others who are keeping us safe, delivering essentials to our homes and keeping food stores stocked...
...This home and others along Summit Avenue fashioned their own signs.
A first in Hackensack was Tuesday's school election -- by mail-in ballot only -- to chose three members of the 9-member Board of Education.
This is one of the shuttered, abandoned or condemned homes I saw during my walks...
...While this structure on Euclid Avenue is being gutted and renovated after serving for many years as what neighbors suspected was an illegal rooming house.
I'm trying to remember when I saw a kid playing outside since people started quarantining in mid-March.

-- VICTOR E. SASSON

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please keep on topic.